All Tickets for shows at the Criterion Theatre, London are sold subject to these Terms and Conditions and your purchase of a ticket is a deemed acceptance by you that you have read them and agree to them
1. The Purchase of tickets by you is subject to the Producer’s right to make any alterations to the advertised programme or cast as a result of circumstances beyond its control, and without being obliged to refund money paid by you or to exchange tickets.
2. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person and we reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
3. The ticket holder only has the right to a seat to the value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and the Theatre Management, acting reasonably, reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those stated on the ticket. If the replacement ticket value is less than the value of the one purchased, the Management will repay to the ticket holder the difference in value.
4. Tickets may only be exchanged or refunded under exceptional circumstances, such as substantial alteration to the content of the show or if a performance is cancelled and this will be at the sole discretion of the Theatre Management. In the event of a cancellation of a performance, ticket holders will be offered alternative performances (subject to availability) up to the seat value on the ticket, but the Theatre Management will make no reimbursement of the cost of travel, accommodation or subsistence nor shall it be liable for any loss of enjoyment
5. Tickets may be returned for possible resale to the box office but will be subject to a [15%] administration charge and no guarantee of resale can be given.
6. Every member of the audience must be in possession of a valid ticket, which must be produced to gain entry to the theatre.
7. Any complaints about a ticket holder’s ability to see a performance, shall be made to the Theatre Manager promptly either before or during the performance.
8. If tickets are resold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the Theatre Management, Producer or one of their authorised sub-agents, then they will become void and the holder may be refused entry or ejected from the venue.
9. Latecomers will be admitted to the auditorium when a suitable break in the performance occurs, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
10. Ticket holders consent to the filming and sound recording of themselves and members of the audience.
11. In the interest of other patrons, adults with children are reminded they may be asked to remove any consistently noisy children. Children under 5 years of age will not be admitted to the theatre. A child of 5 years or older will only be admitted to the theatre if it has a ticket of its own and, if under the age of (15), the child must at all times be accompanied by an adult.
12. If a patron behaves in a violent abusive or obnoxious manner or in a way that the Theatre Management in its reasonable opinion believes may affect the enjoyment of other patrons at the theatre or may cause them danger through for example the use of alcohol or drugs, the Theatre Management can request that the patron leaves the theatre and can take appropriate action to remove that patron from the theatre.
13. The Theatre Management reserves the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances.
14. The use of audio, visual or audio-visual recording equipment of any kind is prohibited. Unauthorised recordings may be confiscated and destroyed. Any recordings made in breach of this provision shall be deemed to be owned, together with the copyright therein, by the Theatre Management and your consent to a formal assignment of the same to the Theatre Management will be deemed to have been agreed to by you.
15. Mobile phones, pagers, digital watches, laser pens or any other electronic equipment must be disabled when inside the auditorium to avoid disturbing the cast and other patrons.
16. Smoking is not permitted in the theatre and the consumption of food and drink is only permitted in the public bars and is not permitted in the auditorium. However, at the discretion of the Theatre Management drinks purchased at the theatre bars may be taken into the auditorium in plastic containers.
17. Security searches may be conducted to ensure the safety of all patrons and any item which the Theatre Management, in its reasonable opinion, believes may cause danger or discomfort to other patrons may be confiscated, either temporarily until the end of the performance or permanently. Your co-operation would be appreciated in assisting with the speedy execution of all security searches. . All patrons shall comply with the venue’s safety regulations.
18. The promoter/producer of a show is solely responsible for any merchandising within the theatre (whether official or not) and the Theatre Management accepts no liability for the same.
19. Neither the Theatre Management nor the show’s producers shall be liable for the loss of any personal property or for injury or damage sustained by a patron as a result of any incident in respect of which the Theatre Management or the producer has no legal duty of care to the patron, or if there is such a duty of care, where the loss or damage sustained is not reasonably foreseeable as a possible result of such breach or where such loss or damage has arisen or has been increased as a result of the patron’s breach of any of these terms and conditions.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.